The Irish Economic Association (IEA) is a national scientific body for economists in Ireland. The objective of the Association is to contribute to the development and application of economics in Ireland. It is a Company Limited by Guarantee.
The Irish Economic Association operates two types of membership:
1. Institutional Membership: Open to public and private institutions and organisations including but not limited to:
- departments and disciplines in universities and other institutions of higher education;
- research institutes with a significant focus on economic issues;
- other institutions engaged in economic research and policy evaluation and design;
- other private and public sector organisations, such as consulting firms or government departments that are engaged in economic research and policy evaluation and design; and
- federations of teachers of economics.
In all cases, a corporate fee of €2,000 is paid by institutions covering all researchers (including students) at that institution.
Those interested in availing of institutional membership should contact the treasurer of the IEA Dr. Conor O’Toole at email@example.com
Institutional members are listed below:
- Central Bank of Ireland
- Economic and Social Research Institute
- School of Economics, University College Dublin
- Dept. of Economics, National University of Ireland Galway
- Dept. of Economics, University of Limerick
- Dept. of Economics
- Dept. of Economics, Trinity College Dublin
- Dept. of Economics, University College Cork
- Irish Fiscal Advisory Council
- Irish Government Economic and Evaluation Service
- Houses of the Oireachtas Library and Research Service
- Nevin Economic Research Institute
- Revenue Commissioners
2. Honorary Membership: honour members are persons who have made a distinguished contribution to the economics profession, as nominated by the Board and approved by the members at a general meeting of the Association. Honorary Members do not pay subscription fees.
Honorary members are listed below:
Professor Tim Callan
Mr John Sheehan
For membership enquires, please contact the IEA Treasurer, Dr Conor O’Toole