The IEA Annual Conference is the highlight of the Association’s activities and takes place in early May at different locations around Ireland.
The Annual conference features two international plenary lectures – the Edgeworth Lecture and the ESR Lecture – as well as a number of invited and contributed paper sessions. Each year we award a number of prizes including the Denis Conniffe prize for the best paper by a young economist, the Brendan Walsh prize for the best paper published in the Economic and Social Review, the Novartis prize for the best health economics paper, and the Irish Society for Women in Economics (ISWE) prize for the best paper presented by a women economist.
The first conference took place in 1986, and since then, continues to grow in popularity attracting both national and international economists.
Irish Economic Association Annual Conference 2023
The 36th Annual IEA Conference will be held at the Sheraton Hotel in Athlone, Co. Westmeath on 4-5 May 2023. Details will be posted here shortly.
- A call for submissions is now open and will close at 23.59 GMT on 24 February 2023.
- The conference programme will be uploaded here when available.
- Information and photos from previous conference are accessible via the right-hand menu on this page.
The IEA 2023 will have two presentation types:
- Full paper presentation; and
- Flash Talks.
- Full conference presentations are 25 mins in length and require the submission of a full draft paper.
- Flash Talks are a new initiative aimed at encouraging early stage researchers wishing to get exposure of their research to the wider economics community. This can be early work in progress. The talks will be 5/10 mins each with a maximum of 3 slides. Flash Talk submissions only require an extended abstract (2 pages approx).
Submissions can be made via the conference website which is available at https://iea2023.exordo.com/